We produce bagged firewood and sell wholesale, by the full skid, to local stores, gas stations, and campgrounds. Our bagged wood is cut 11" in length and is packed in a 1.0 cubic foot bag. There are 56 bags per skid. Check the Products and Services section for a Bagged Firewood location near you.
We sell only quality mixed hardwood. About 90% is hard maple with the remaining 10% a mixture of beech, ash, birch, oak, and other hardwoods. We purchase hardwood firewood logs that have no limbs or branches and arrive by logging truck. Our wood is processed using an automated firewood processor and our work area is on poured concrete sloped to allow for drainage from rain.
We cut our wood 14" in length and split with a 4-way splitter wedge. The pieces will be varied in size depending on the size of the log - bigger logs = bigger chunks; smaller logs = smaller chunks - so you get a nice combination of sizes.
We season our wood for 9-12 months before selling to consumers. This means the bark will usually fall off giving you enough kindling to get your fire going, and perhaps a little mulch for your garden! It is of excellent quality for burning because the moisture has evaporated due to the length of the seasoning time.
What is the difference between a bush cord and a face cord?
People frequently ask this question. In the old days, people used very small wood stoves and wood was cut to 12" lengths. A bush cord was designed to be piled 4' high, 4' wide and 8' long meaning 4 rows 12" wide. Each of those 4 rows is one face cord, and therefore a face cord is 1/4 of a bush cord.
We cut our wood 14" in length, so if you piled 4 rows 14" wide, and 4' high, you would not get quite to 8' in length as your pile would be 56" wide rather than 48" wide.
A bush cord is 128 cubic feet, and therefore a face cord is 32 cubic feet.
Some firewood companies cut their wood 16" long, therefore, you would get 3 rows 16" wide, 4' high and 8' long, and that amount would be 1/3 of a bush cord, sometimes referred to as a single cord.
Prices including HST:
Bush Cord $550.00
1/2 Bush Cord $340.00 (minimum delivery)
Green Wood $450.00
Free Local Delivery
Delivery is free within approx. 20 km radius from our yard near Stayner. Delivery charges apply for longer trips depending on the distance at $2.00/km after the free 20km.
Picking Up Wood - Cash Only
We designed some little huts to hold wood so customers can quite easily pick up a batch from our yard. Customers may purchase a $35.00 row, which is 1/4 of a face cord or 8 cubic feet, or a $70.00 row, which is 1/2 of a face cord or 16 cubic feet. Customers can purchase as many rows at the per-row price as they choose and come by as often as they like, providing we are home!